Remember what I said about not knowing where I would go to college? Today I made some progress solving that problem. I'll most likely apply to Camden County College initially, then move on to Rutgers to get my degree. Unfortunately I can't go to the campus I was hoping for, as the journalism course is only offered in New Brunswick, which is a full hour's drive from where I live. I still need to research the dorm situation, as it looks like I'll be boarding there.
CCC offers a career prep course which can help me get a job. I'm going to use this course - and the money I earn from the job(s?) I get - to save up, and eventually purchase a car. My aim is to have this car in time to leave for Rutgers, since I can't use the family van while living an hour away.
The problem with that, however, is that I don't have a permit yet. This website says I need to take a driver's education course first. This is something to speak with my parents about.
No comments:
Post a Comment