Wednesday, November 4, 2015

College is Confusing

It turns out this college thing's going to be harder than I expected.

Before I can even consider applying to Rutgers, I have to complete several academic courses. I need to get two more years of English courses, an algebra II course, two years of language courses, and five other subjects. It would be helpful for me to take the SATs and ACTs this year, as the people at Rutgers will want to see the scores. It seems they also want to see a personal essay. The wording on that page makes it seem like the parameters of this essay change each year, but as of today the page reads:

"Rutgers requires that you provide a short essay that is your original work. Please reflect on what you consider to be an important personal experience related to your talents, interests, or commitments. Using this experience, please tell us what you learned about yourself. How will this experience prepare you for success at Rutgers?"

 It's moments like this that make me glad I have this blog.

Incidentally, I've changed my mind about my major. I'm now planning on a Bio major as opposed to a Journalism major, and I will attend the Camden campus.

When I spoke with some other people about the issue of grades, I learned I can take a GED course off-campus. Another student is currently doing this, and I intend to speak with him about it. Unfortunately I cannot do that today because he isn't here.

Time to get my stupid butt in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment