I've learned some new things about Rutgers' requirements. The page I referenced in my previous post doesn't specify where I need to take my two year courses. I could save all that stuff for community college and still stand a chance of getting in. In fact, that's probably better than scrambling to get this stuff done in high school, since even a community college is higher education.
Before I came to this conclusion, I sent an e-mail to the director of undergraduate biology at Rutgers. In my message, I explained my unusual education and the non-system I'm in. I then asked if he considered my independent studies a valid background which would fit the requirements. He hasn't responded yet, but if he gets back to me I'll take what he says into consideration. Most likely, I'll blend what he says with my community college plan.
On a semi-related note, I've come to realize I should learn how public transportation works. Where I'm from there's never any need for it - you can walk to most places, or drive - but now that I sometimes need to take the train to and from school, and may need to continue doing this when I start going to triple C, it's become increasingly obvious that I'm not as train literate as I should be. Luckily, my mom uses the speedline quite a bit for her acting, and my dad used to ride the train twice daily to and from work, so I'm not at all short on information.
No comments:
Post a Comment