Welp. I'm still unemployed and I still can't drive.
But! I have returned to public school. I'm taking three AP courses; Biology, English Literature and Composition, and European History. I'm also taking Honors Precalculus. So far I'm set to pass all of them, but not necessarily with flying colors. I've got a high C in History, Bs in math and science, and an A in English. I'm caught up in regards to the summer projects required for the AP courses. Life is good.
I'm also taking a course in financial literacy, which should help me out. I've learned a bit about money management, and while I still don't know how to file taxes, I have a basic idea of how paychecks work and what to do with them.
I took the SAT for the final time in October. I improved, but not significantly. My score rose from 1390 to 1410. That still gives me a pretty good shot at Rutgers, so I'm okay with it. Plus, my score is high enough that I don't need to take Camden's placer test.
Incidentally, it might not be such a bad thing that I can't drive yet. There's a PATCO train station in my town and I can use it easily to get to Camden and Rutgers. It also turns out that considering the fact that I won't have time for a job until I graduate high school, I probably won't be moving out of my parents' house until I'm in my early twenties. I won't have the money for it until then. I'm hoping to move into a certain apartment complex in town with my boyfriend at that point, but I can't make any concrete plans about that because I don't know what my income will be, what the rent is like in that building, or what my boyfriend's situation will be at that point.
Here's hoping for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment