Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Do I stay, do I dare?

Next year's enrollment forms came in the mail this morning. I don't know if I want to sign them.

I've long believed that I can't go back to the public school in my district because it's not a welcoming environment and because I couldn't handle the workload. However, a friend of mine who was unpopular like me when we went to sixth grade together has since moved up the social ladder at least enough not to be the target of bullying. Maybe I could do that too. As for the workload, college will have an even larger workload than public high school. If I think I can prepare for that, then I should be able to handle it next year.

I may need to repeat 11th grade, but that may happen here too, so it's not a gamble. I still want to go to community college after graduation, just to make sure I have all my bases covered.

There is, of course, the matter of this blog. If I go back to district, this blog's original purpose will become obsolete. I will not write an essay about my life plans on graduation day. I will not need my blog as a reference tool. It will no longer matter. Even so, I think I'll keep writing here when I can, for my own sake. It's comforting to have a written record and a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment