Thursday, February 18, 2016

Baby Steps

Today, I properly notified the staff at school about my desire to take the SAT and Bio tests. The office clerk gave me two packets - one to practice for the SAT and one for the subject test - and an envelope filled with registration papers. When I get home I'm going to register to take the tests on May 7th.

I read the information in the first five pages of the SAT packet. It covered many topics, but here I'll focus on the important stuff. The english portion of the SAT focuses on what you'd expect - evaluating passages and discerning pertinent information. I answered the sample questions provided and got about 80% correct, which isn't bad. I haven't yet taken a good look at the math section but according to the packet I can expect a review of algebra and quadratics, as well as statistics and data reading. I'm not sure how well I'll perform in that area but I'm confident the sample questions will show me what to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment